16 Miraculous Tips To Boost Your Metabolism And Lose Weight Fast
Your metabolism plays a vital role in your body weight and weight control. People are unaware of the fact that is they want a normal weight or want to lose weight then they need to speed up their metabolism.
The metabolism determines how quickly your body converts nutrients into energy. Your body uses this energy to function normally and healthily. The faster your metabolism work the more calories you burn research proves this fact. And more calories you consume every day the more it contributes to a healthy weight.
Certain physiological factors such as age and gender, however, affect the rate of metabolism. So let’s get into the detail and start knowing more about metabolism.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the way and speed at which your body converts calories, which comes through food and drink, into energy. The better and faster your metabolism works, the better you can lose weight or keep your weight balanced.
You can also influence your metabolism by yourself by making the right choices in your exercise and diet. However, there are also some physiological factors that you can not influence, and these factors are such as age, gender, height, hormone balance and hereditary factors.
Unfortunately, they do affect the speed of metabolism. 1st I would like to explain what metabolism does and how you can speed it up to lose your weight.
What does the metabolism do?
Your metabolism converts the food you eat into energy. When your body works faster, your body automatically burns more calories per day.
A consequence of a faster working metabolism may be that you lose weight. You burn more calories after all. Even when you are at rest body burns more calories because of a faster working metabolism.
How CAN you Speed up your metabolism is a difficult question to, but we are here giving you some tips to speed up your metabolism and lose weight fast. Read on quickly to know how you can give your metabolism a big boost.
1. Boost your metabolism with proteins
Always try to take enough protein with a meal. It costs the body twice as much energy to break down proteins than, for example, carbohydrates. This will give your metabolism a boost.
Proteins provide for the maintenance of muscles in addition to the boost in your metabolism. Muscles are vital for your metabolism! Especially when you lose weight you do not want to lose too many muscles! Proteins provide (source): Loss of fat Muscle maintenance Less hunger
2. Boost your metabolism with green vegetables
Vegetables contain many antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and are very healthy. Green vegetables also contain a lot of iron and can, therefore, help to speed up your metabolism. Iron is, in fact, important for the formation of haemoglobin. And Hemoglobin is necessary for oxygen transport in the blood and metabolism.
3. Eat a good breakfast
A good breakfast ensures that the engine starts and increases your metabolism. And I do not mean white sandwiches with pasta… A pasta sandwich consists mainly of sugar and gives a short energy peak. After this peak, you get a dip, and you are hungry for sugar-rich food again. So stay away!
4. Increase your metabolism with water
Just a simple glass of water ensures that your metabolism accelerates! Drinking water, according to the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, increases your metabolism by about 30%. A very simple way to increase your metabolism.
5. Eat a snack
By eating regularly, you keep the engine going. Make sure you have a tasty snack. No league or another snack with only fast sugars. This ensures that you save fat. Eating a snack has several advantages:
People generally eat less when they spread this over multiple meals. This will prevent your hunger from rising so much that you will overeat at the next meal. Eating smaller meals more often ensures a stable sugar level.
6. Ensure a good night’s sleep
A good night’s sleep ensures that your brain can manage the metabolism well. If you structurally sleep little, have broken nights or night shift, then this can cause your biological clock to become confused, and your metabolism will weaken.
7. Do strength training
The best way to accelerate your metabolism with sports is to start with strength training. With cardio exercises such as cycling or running, you generally burn more calories, but strength training has some surprising advantages over cardio
8. Drink green tea
Green tea contains two substances that increase your metabolism, namely catechin and caffeine. Research from the UMM shows that if you drink 3 cups of green tea every day, you can lose one kilogram of fat in 1 to 3 months. Unfortunately, you do not fall off when you drink more tea.
Thirty cups of green tea per day thus do not cause more weight loss ?? Furthermore, green tea has even more benefits for your health. Green tea is rich in antioxidants. And antioxidants, among other things, provide a better resistance.
9. Do not eat right before bedtime
To be able to sleep, your body has to go to rest. If you have eaten just before that, you burden your body in two ways. First, extra blood is needed to digest the food, and your organs remain active. You will find that you can not fall asleep quickly. Therefore you do not rest well.
And as you could read earlier, a bad night’s sleep is not good for you in itself. Second, your digestive system does not work optimally. Your burn is at a lower level when you go to sleep.
There is a good chance that what you have eaten will be stored as fat. It is, therefore, better to go to sleep until three o’clock before you want to eat, nothing more to eat.
10. Use herbs to stimulate your digestion
Certain spices can speed up digestion. You can mix them through the meat or the vegetables, and some are also delicious as tea. Eat them every day to support your digestion.
- Chilli peppers: Contain capsaicin that speeds up your metabolism.
- Mustard: Do the body temperature rise, so you burn more calories. You can use both mustard and mustard seeds for this excellent effect.
- Turmeric: Helps reduce the formation of fat cells and keeps your blood sugar level in balance. Turmeric is tasty over rice, and you can season your meat with it.
- Ginger: Helps your body burn extra fat and converts it into energy. Also works anti-inflammatory and soothes gastrointestinal complaints. Drink as tea or season vegetables or meat with it.
- Black pepper: Everyone knows pepper, but did you know that it also stimulates the secretion of gastric juices? This speeds up your digestion. So sprinkle a little more pepper over your meat.
- Cumin: Promotes digestion by helping to convert nutrients. Helps prevent gasses in the intestines, so that you are less troubled by constipation. Is a natural antioxidant, which promotes metabolism. Helps to destroy fat tissue and convert it into energy. Also gives a delicious taste to your meals. Other fat burning and metabolism accelerating spices are cardamom and cinnamon.
11. Eat more onions
Onions have some properties that positively influence your metabolism. They speed up digestion and help prevent hunger peaks. So not only good for a spicy taste of your meal!
12. Make sure you get enough fibre
Fibres are essential for healthy digestion. The body uses calories to process them, which increases your metabolism. They help you to feel full, and that also helps with weight loss. Therefore it is advisable to eat at least 30 grams of fibre per day.
Products with a lot of fibre are:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds (Chia seed is a fibre bomb)
- Wholegrain cereals
They are much in fruit, legumes and vegetables
13. Use more coconut oil
The medium-long fatty acids in coconut oil can help speed up the metabolism. If you take 30 ml of coconut oil every day, it can help to reduce your waist. It is best to opt for extra virgin coconut oil, which has been processed as little as possible.
14. Watch your intake of minerals
Iron, selenium and zinc are essential for efficient metabolism. A shortage of these minerals ensures that your digestive system can not work optimally.
- Iron: sits in meat and green vegetables. Iron makes sure that you can absorb oxygen well and that helps your energy management. This is important for proper metabolism.
- Zinc: Sit in poultry, eggs, seafood, nuts and seeds. Helps digest carbohydrates, reduce hunger and stimulates the production of leptin.
- Selenium: Sit in meat, fish, garlic, nuts and seeds. Supports the thyroid gland, which has a regulating function on the metabolism.
15. Use apple cider vinegar more often
Many positive health effects are attributed to apple cider vinegar. What it can do in any case is to speed up the metabolism, because it contains acetic acid. This ensures that fat breakdown is promoted and fats from food are absorbed less quickly. It helps the body detoxify. It can be used as dressing in a salad or take twice a day, in the morning and the evening, this mixture: 2 tablespoons of hot water 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar 1 tablespoon of honey
16. Drink coffee
Coffee not only gives you a mental boost, but your digestion also speeds up with a cup of coffee. It is best to drink black because milk and sugar counteract the effect. Of course, you do not drink coffee in the evening after six o’clock, to prevent you from staying awake in bed at night due to the stimulating effect.